Unit Title: Operations Management
Assessment Title: Customer Benefits Packages and Value Chains
Type of Assessment: Case Study
· Identify two organisations in an industry of your choice.
· These organisations must have clearly different value chain designs and structures.
· It is recommended that one should be based around a purely physical product or products (a Good) and the other an intangible product or products (a Service).
For these two organisations, complete a case study analysis that treats the following:
1. Describe, compare and contrast a primary Customer Benefits Package from each firm.
2. From both the customer’s and management’s viewpoints, compare and contrast the value chain design and structure for the two organisations. You should include discussion on the advantages and disadvantage of each value chain design?
Analyse the two different organisations relative to how they define their operations strategy in different ways. In doing so you should define each firm’s strategic vision, strategy, and competitive priorities. You should also clearly identify what operations management have to be good at to make the organisation a success?